Evidence-Based Practice Proposal – Section E: Implementation Plan
In 1,000-1,500 words, provide a description of the methods to be used to implement the proposed solution. Include the following:
- Describe the setting and access to potential subjects. If there is a need for a consent or approval form, then one must be created. Although you will not be submitting the consent or approval forms in Topic 5 with the narrative, you will include the consent or approval forms in the appendices for the final paper.
- Describe the amount of time needed to complete this project. Create a timeline. Make sure the timeline is general enough that it can be implemented at any date. Although you will not be submitting the timeline in Topic 5 with the narrative, you will include the timeline in the appendices for the final paper.
- Describe the resources (human, fiscal, and other) or changes needed in the implementation of the solution. Consider the clinical tools or process changes that would need to take place. Provide a resource list. Although you will not be submitting the resource list in Topic 5 with the narrative, you will include the resource list in the appendices for the final paper.
- Describe the methods and instruments, such as a questionnaire, scale, or test to be used for monitoring the implementation of the proposed solution. Develop the instruments. Although you will not be submitting the individual instruments in Topic 5 with the narrative, you will include the instruments in the appendices for the final paper.
- Explain the process for delivering the (intervention) solution and indicate if any training will be needed.
- Provide an outline of the data collection plan. Describe how data management will be maintained and by whom. Furthermore, provide an explanation of how the data analysis and interpretation process will be conducted. Develop the data collection tools that will be needed. Although you will not be submitting the data collection tools in Topic 5 with the narrative, you will include the data collection tools in the appendices for the final paper.
- Describe the strategies to deal with the management of any barriers, facilitators, and challenges.
- Establish the feasibility of the implementation plan. Address the costs for personnel, consumable supplies, equipment (if not provided by the institute), computer-related costs (librarian consultation, database access, etc.), and other costs (travel, presentation development). Make sure to provide a brief rationale for each. Develop a budget plan. Although you will not be submitting the budget plan in Topic 5 with the narrative, you will include the budget plan in the appendices for the final paper.
- Describe the plans to maintain, extend, revise, and discontinue a proposed solution after implementation.
You are required to cite five to 10 sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and nursing content.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
DeNisco, S. M., & Barker, A. M. (2016). Advanced practice nursing: Essential knowledge for the profession (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. ISBN-13: 9781284072570
Tappan, R. M. (2016). Advanced nursing research: From theory to practice (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. ISBN-13: 9781284048308
Melnyk, B. M., & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2015). Evidence-based practice in nursing and healthcare (3rd ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN-13: 9781496306364
Organization for Evidence-Based Practice Proposals: American Nurses Association
Read Chapters 16 and 17 in Advanced Nursing Research: From Theory to Practice.
Read Chapters 11, 18, and 20 in Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare. (3rd edition)
Read “An Example of Qualitative Comparative Analysis in Nursing Research,” by Donnelly and Wiechula, from Nurse Researcher (2013).
Read “Mechanisms Which Help Explain Implementation of Evidence-Based Practice in Residential Aged Care Facilities: A Grounded Theory Study,” by Masso, McCarthy, and Kitson, from International Journal of Nursing Studies (2014).
Study “Diffusion of Innovation in Health Care,” by Cain and Mittman (2002), located on the California Health Care Foundation website.
Read “30 Safe Practices for Better Health Care,” located on the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website.
Explore the Center for Theory of Change website.